The scholarship is open to students from accredited Nashville-area universities with at least a 2.5 GPA and who are enrolled in a music industry-related field of study. Applications are due August 16, 2018.
In order to apply, students must:
• Be enrolled in a recording industry related field of study, or comparable coursework, at an accredited, Nashville area, university or college.
• Complete the Scholarship Application below.
• Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member from their educational institution.
• Submit a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial accepted) showing you have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
Please email Letter of Recommendation & transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Incomplete applications will not be considered. .
Award recipient will receive $1,000.00 towards their tuition, room/board, books/supplies, and other miscellaneous educational expenses. Any currently enrolled students that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply, including graduating seniors. The Scholarship recipient will be paired with a SOLID mentor over the semester to connect oneonone with an industry professional, as well as receive an invitation to attend SOLID’s Fall General Assembly meeting on October 23, 2018 for recognition for his or her achievement.
Timeline (dates subject to change):
• Applications are being accepted now.
• September 16, 2018: Application due date
• September 24, 2018: Finalists Notified
• Oct 1–5, 2018: Finalist Personal Interviews
• October 8, 2018: Winner Notified
• October 23, 2018: Winner recognized at SOLID Meeting