Assistant, client Manager - KOBALT music group
Interested candidates should apply HERE.
We are seeking an Assistant, Client Manager with strong interpersonal skills to join our market-leading administrative team in Nashville. This position will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player who has very strong written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should be comfortable communicating with high profile clients and will serve as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for existing and new clients. Knowledge of foreign collection societies and music publishing on a global scale would be advantageous. Previous experience in music copyright, administration and account management is required.
- Act as the primary, administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogues with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright and IT Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
- Prior experience working in music publishing and/or with a performing rights society is required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
EXECUTIVE Assistant - ROAR Nashville (two openings)
The ROAR Nashville office (Artist Management, Music Department) is interviewing to fill two Executive Assistant positions immediately. Please see overview below and send resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an asset to ROAR’s team to both Angie Griffith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anna Kolander (email@example.com).
ROAR is currently seeking individuals who are motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with strong communication and writing skills, to fill two open positions - Executive Assistant to a Partner and head of our Nashville Music Department and Executive Assistant to two Artist Managers. Duties include both typical administrative tasks such as coordinating travel, handling phones, and maintaining expenses, as well as assisting on miscellaneous client tasks. Applicants must have a love for music and must be willing to demonstrate extreme attention to detail, the ability to juggle various tasks under high pressure and with changing deadlines, and meticulous organization skills. ROAR assistants are expected to be willing to go the extra mile, work long hours, have thick skin, think quickly in a fast-paced environment, and be adept at interacting directly with clients, as both of these positions will require them to do so. Prior assistant experience is preferred. These are both full-time, salaried positions with health insurance benefits and are based out of our Nashville office. We are interviewing to fill immediately.